Lemon Curd Or Cheese
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Beat the eggs and egg yolk together until light and fluffy.
2) Add the lemon rind and lemon juice into the butter and melt.
3) Strain the butter into a double boiler, then stir in sugar and place over heated water.
4) Gradually, stir in the beaten eggs and cook, over the simmering water, until the mixture is creamy and thick.
5) Allow to cool and pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate.
6) Serve in a nice plate with the freshly baked scones.