Lemon Orange Cottage Cheese Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Seedless grapes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Pimiento||1 , seeded|
|Mixed fruit||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Allow gelatin to soften in orange juice and pour in hot water.
2) Blend well to dissolve gelatin and add in sugar, lemon juice and salt.
3) Through a sieve, put cottage cheese and mix into the mixture.
4) Let chill to thicken the mixture.
5) When the mixture just begins to thicken, beat with a rotary or electric beater and mix in grapes.
6) Take a 1-quart ring mold; rinse it in cold water and fill with mixture.
7) Refrigerate to chill until firm and turn out onto a serving plate just before serving.
8) Cut designs from pimiento and garnish as desired.
9) Serve after filling the center with diced mixed fresh fruit.