Lemon Orange Cottage Cheese Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Seedless grapes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Pimiento||1 , seeded|
|Mixed fruit||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Allow gelatin to soften in orange juice and pour in hot water.
2) Blend well to dissolve gelatin and add in sugar, lemon juice and salt.
3) Through a sieve, put cottage cheese and mix into the mixture.
4) Let chill to thicken the mixture.
5) When the mixture just begins to thicken, beat with a rotary or electric beater and mix in grapes.
6) Take a 1-quart ring mold; rinse it in cold water and fill with mixture.
7) Refrigerate to chill until firm and turn out onto a serving plate just before serving.
8) Cut designs from pimiento and garnish as desired.
9) Serve after filling the center with diced mixed fresh fruit.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 552.6 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 45.1 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 114.9%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet