Easy Rice And Cheese Croquettes
|Shortening/Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
|Cold cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , lightly beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated gruyere / mozzarella cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared spicy brown mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsifted flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , lightly beaten|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine)|
1) In a deep fat fryer, heat the shortening over a medium-high heat upto 375° F.
2) Combine the rice, egg yolks, cheese, parsley, and mustard and shape into 3x1 inch logs.
3) Dredge the logs in flour, dip in the egg mixture, and coat evenly with the crumbs.
4) Fry the croquettes, in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden and drain well on a paper towel.
5) Serve immediately as a substitute for the potato.