Seasoned Cheese Straws
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Set the oven to 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
2) Into a bowl, sift the salt, flour, cayenne, mustard and pepper.
3) Mix the margarine or the butter with the dry ingredients and rub until the mixture gives the impression of breadcrumbs.
4) Mix the cheese and then, add the egg yolks.
5) Add enough water and mix to form a firm dough.
6) Roll out the dough keeping a thickness of 1/3 inch (3/4 cm).
7) Slice the rolled out dough into narrow fingers.
8) Grease baking sheets and place the fingers on them.
9) Keep a little dough aside and make rings out of it.
10) Brush egg white on the fingers and rings.
11) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12) Cool the snacks.
13) When serving, put few of the cheese straws through the rings.