|Bread slice||5 , cut into strips|
|Processed american cheese||1⁄4 Pound, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 1 quart casserole.
3. In a skillet, melt butter or margarine over a medium flame
4. Add bread cubes and fry in the fat, tossing to brown evenly
5. In the greased casserole, layer bread cubes and cheese alternately.
6. In a bowl, beat egg and blend in milk and seasonings
7. Pour eggs into the casserole and stand for 5 minutes allowing the bread to soak up the eggs.
8. Place the casserole in a hot water bath.
9. Bake for 40 minutes until set and golden brown
10. Serve straight out of the oven from the casserole.