Cream Cheese Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 375° F (190°C).
2) Grease the cookie sheets with butter.
4) Electric Mixer Method cream butter and cream cheese together.
5) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
6) Mix egg and vanilla extract and beat till done.
7) In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients except the prunes.
8) Gently mix to creamed mixture and blend the dough well.
9) Add chopped prunes and mix well.
10) Food Processor Method With metal blade in place cut prunes into rough pieces using pulse action. Keep aside.
11) With metal blade cream butter and cream cheese.
12) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
13) Keep the processor running and add eggs, vanilla extract and blend well.
14) In a medium bowl mix remaining ingredients except the prunes.
15) Pour in the workbowl one half of the mixture at a time until blended.
16) Add chopped prunes and pulse till blended in the dough.
17) On the greased cookie sheets add one heaped teaspoon at a time.
18) Bake for 10-12 minutes till golden.
19) Place on wire racks to cool.
18) Mouth-watering Cream Cheese can be served as a dessert.