Blue Cheese And Grape Salad With Caramelized Pecans
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecans/Walnuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Rocket||100 Gram (Bag)|
|Grapes||2 Ounce (We Used Muscat, 50 Gram)|
|Blue cheese||5 Ounce (Roquefort Is Best, 140 Gram)|
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
2. Halve and deseed the grapes.
3. To caramelize the pecans, in a saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame.
4. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved in the butter and boil until golden brown.
5. Add the nuts to the caramel and sauté for 5 minutes until the nuts are crisp and coated with the caramel.
6. Turn the nuts onto the greased baking sheet and spread. Allow them to cool and harden.
7. When completely cooled, roughly chop the caramelized nuts and place in a bowl.
8. In a small glass bowl, use a wire whisk to blend the balsamic vinegar and oil dressing. Season it with salt and pepper. Keep the dressing aside until ready to serve.
9. In a large salad bowl, tear the leaves of the chicory and combine with the rocket lettuce and grapes.
10. Pour the dressing into the bowl. Using two salad spoons toss everything together well coated with the dressing.
11. Heap the salad onto 4 serving plates.
12. Crumble the cheese and scattered with the nuts.
13. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad and serve immediately.