|Grated potato||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Self raising flour||1 Ounce|
|Grated cheese||1 Ounce|
|Lard||2 Ounce (50 Gram, For Frying)|
1. In a large shallow fry pan, heat the lard over a medium flame until it begins to smoke.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coarsely grated potato with, cheese, flour and seasonings.
3. Add a beaten egg to the mixture.
4. Using a whisk or a wooden spoon, stir to form a batter.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot lard and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked and golden brown. If the cakes are browning very fast, reduce the flame a little so that the insides of the cakes do not remain uncooked.
6. Using a slotted spoon, remove cheese crispies onto paper towels to absorb the excess fat.
7. Arrange the crispies on a serving platter
8. Serve hot with mustard or sauce of your choice.