Egg Roulade with Spinach Feta Stuffing
|For egg layer|
|Unsalted butter||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted (0.5 Tablespoon For Pan And Parchment)|
|Baking mix||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Atkins Quick Quisine)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 Large, separated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, minced to make 1/3 cup|
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound, cleaned well and coarsely chopped|
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled to make 1 cup|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. For the egg layer Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 15 1/2- by 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan. Line with 20-inch-long sheet of parchment paper, allowing 2 inches to hang over each end; butter parchment lightly.
2. Mix butter, bake mix, cream, egg yolk, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in blender until combined. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff with electric mixer. In 3 additions, fold into yolk mixture. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until puffed and golden, 25 minutes. (If preparing ahead, cool, cover, and refrigerate.) Invert pan onto a sheet of buttered waxed paper. Remove pan and parchment from egg layer.
4. For the filling: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add water, half of the spinach, and pepper; cook, stirring, until spinach is partly wilted, about 1 minute. Add remaining spinach and continue cooking until partly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add feta and Parmesan; cook until cheese is melted and spinach is just wilted, about 2 minutes longer.
5. Remove filling with slotted spoon, leaving excess liquid in skillet. Spread filling over egg layer, leaving 1/2-inch border. Roll up and serve as desired.