Puffed Cheese Rarebit
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it at 400°F.
2. Toast the bread and spread it with butter.
3. Take an ovenproof dish and arrange the pieces of bread in it.
4. Take a bowl and separate the egg whites from the yolks.
5. Beat together the yolks, cheese, cream, mustard and seasoning.
6. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold it in the mixture.
7. Place on the toast slices.
8. Cook it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 7 minutes approximately or until they turn puffy and brown.
9. Serve hot.