Puffed Cheese Rarebit
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it at 400°F.
2. Toast the bread and spread it with butter.
3. Take an ovenproof dish and arrange the pieces of bread in it.
4. Take a bowl and separate the egg whites from the yolks.
5. Beat together the yolks, cheese, cream, mustard and seasoning.
6. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold it in the mixture.
7. Place on the toast slices.
8. Cook it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 7 minutes approximately or until they turn puffy and brown.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 2075 Calories from Fat 1895
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 215 g331.3%
Saturated Fat 134.2 g671.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 880.4 mg293.5%
Sodium 614.7 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.08%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 30 g59.9%
Vitamin A 135.3% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet