Camellia En Croute
|Puff pastry sheets||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Of A 17.3-Ounce Package Pepperidge Farm® , 1 Sheet)|
|Dried cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Chopped toasted pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Camellia cheese/5 ounce camellia cheese round||8 Ounce (1 Camellia)|
|Crackers||17 Ounce (1 Package Pepperidge Farm® Entertaining Quartet Distinctive)|
1. Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F.. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Stir the cherries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a small bowl. Spread the cherry mixture into the center of the pastry square. Top with the cheese round. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture. Fold two opposite sides of the pastry over the cheese. Trim the remaining two sides of the pastry square to 2-inches from the edge of the cheese. (Trim a bit more if using a smaller cheese round.) Fold the sides up onto the cheese and press the edges to seal. Place the pastry-wrapped cheese seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
3. Decorate the top with pastry scraps or additional rosemary, if desired. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown (Baking much longer than 25 minutes and you run the risk of cheese oozing out the crust!)
4. Let stand for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
* To soften cherries, mix the cherries and 1/2 cup hot water in a small bowl for 10 minutes.
To see more recipes like this or to find out where you can purchase Redwood Hill Farms cheese visit, www.redwoodhill.com.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4502 Calories from Fat 1690
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g301.2%
Saturated Fat 87.6 g437.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 449.6 mg149.9%
Sodium 6078.7 mg253.3%
Total Carbohydrates 560 g186.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.8%
Sugars 103.1 g
Protein 123 g245.5%
Vitamin A 58% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 171.6% Iron 137%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet