Cream Cheese Hamantaschen
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
|Butter||1 Stick, softened|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Poppy seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. In a food processor, combine cream cheese, butter, flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, orange zest, and salt. Process until dough forms a ball around blades. Wrap dough in wax paper and refrigerate about 1 hour, until firm, or overnight.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine poppy seeds, raisins, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, egg, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Pulse until raisins are chopped and filling is well mixed. Do not overprocess to a paste.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. On a lightly floured surface or between pieces of wax paper, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 2 1/4-inch round biscuit cutter or an inverted glass, cut dough into cirdes. Reroll and cut scraps.
4. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each circle. To form tricomered shape, fold 2 sides of circle over filling, then fold up bottom to form a triangle. Firmly pinch edges together. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Remove to rack and let cool completely before serving.