Cheese, Olive and Nut Gelatin Salad
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crumbled cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Roquefort Or Blue)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh fruits/Fresh vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Set a 1-quart loaf pan, ring mold or other fancy mold in the refrigerator to chill until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse it with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Blend cottage and Roquefort or Blue cheese with the cream, salt, paprika, olives and nuts.
3. Soften the gelatin in the cold water. Place the cup or bowl containing it in hot water. Stir until dissolved. Add to the cheese mixture.
4. Pour into the rinsed mold. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, 1 hour or longer.
5. Unmold on crisp lettuce. Garnish with fresh fruit, either orange or grapefruit segments or strawberries. or garnish with raw vegetables, carrot and celery curls or scallions. Or with preserved fruit such as pickled peaches or pears, preserved ginger or kumquats, or chutney.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1433 Calories from Fat 721
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.4%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.9 mg53.3%
Sodium 3931.5 mg163.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 35.4 g141.6%
Sugars 44.7 g
Protein 107 g213.9%
Vitamin A 2529.9% Vitamin C 595.4%
Calcium 129.2% Iron 103.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet