Nutty Crusted Ricotta Salad
|Ricotta cheese||10 Ounce (315 Gram, In One Piece)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Ounce (90 Gram)|
|Pine nuts||2 Ounce, toasted and finely chopped (60 Gram)|
|Sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salad leaves||10 Ounce (315 Gram)|
|Snow peas||3 Ounce (90 Gram, Mange Tout)|
|Sprouts/Watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow teardrop tomatoes/Cherry tomatoes||6 Ounce (185 Gram)|
|Avocado||1 , stoned, peeled and chopped|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1 Ounce, Sun-dried (30 Gram)|
|For spiced honey dressing|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup, 60 Milliliter)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place ricotta cheese in a colander lined with muslin and drain for 1 hour.
2. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat. Place Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, paprika, oregano and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Press nut mixture over surface of ricotta cheese to coat.
3. Heat remaining oil on barbecue plate (griddle) until hot, then cook ricotta cheese, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Stand for 10 minutes, then cut into slices.
4. Line a large serving platter with salad leaves, then arrange snow pea (mangetout) sprouts or watercress, teardrop or cherry tomatoes, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese slices attractively on top.
5. To make dressing, place garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli flakes, oil, vinegar and honey in a bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over salad and serve.