Scalloped Summer Squash With Cheese
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Summer squash||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat the butter, add the onion, garlic and green pepper and saute until tender and lightly browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, while preparing the squash.
2. Peel the squash if the skin is not tender, and cut into slices or cubes. Add one-half cup boiling water, cover tightly and cook until the squash is just tender. Drain well.
3. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
4. Turn half the squash into a deep pie pan or casserole. Cover with half the tomato sauce and half the cheese. Repeat the layers.
5. Bake until the cheese topping is bubbly and beginning to brown.