Cheesy Trio Delight
|For the bell pepper bruchetta:|
|French baguette||1 , slice|
|Bell pepper||1 , roast|
|Shallots||1 , dice|
|Garlic clove||4 , dice|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, dice|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Goat cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|For the brie cooked in puff pastry:|
|Puff pastry sheet||1|
|Brie cheese||1 Pound|
|Raspberry filling||4 Ounce (Black raspberry preserve)|
|For the artichoke hearts:|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Jarlsberg cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Kalamata olives||5 , dice|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. For the bell pepper Bruchetta: Slice the baguette into thin pieces and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
2. Julienne the roasted bell pepper and add to a bowl along with the diced shallots, garlic, basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss well.
3. Remove the baguette slices from the oven and spread goat cheese over it and top with the bell pepper mix.
4. For the Brie cooked in puff pastry: Lay out the puff pastry sheet and add the brie along with the raspberry preserve to the middle of the sheet and fold over.
5. In a bowl, mix the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush this mix all over the rolled puff pastry. Use a knife to cut off any excess pastry.
6. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove, cut into half and plate.
8. For the : In a skillet, sear the artichoke hearts and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil till they are toasty.
9. Remove from skillet and add the Jarlsberg cheese over the top of the toasted artichoke.
10. Top with the diced kalamata olives.
11. Plate onto a white soup spoon.
12. Serve as appetizers.