Red Potato and Goat Cheese Tart with Frisee and Bacon Salad
|Red bliss potatoes||10 Medium, washed and dried|
|Olive oil||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground cumin||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon strip||12 , diced|
|Semi soft goat cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Flour tortillas||6 (Store Brought)|
|Chopped fresh chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mustard oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Frisee head||1 Large, trimmed, rinsed, and dried|
|Baby spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), trimmed, rinsed, and dried|
|Goat cheese fondue||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olivada||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cored peeled seeded tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Basil oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. In a shallow roasting pan, combine the potatoes with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, the cumin, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste, and toss to coat. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saute pan, cook the diced bacon over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp. Lift the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat, and set the pan aside to use for the vinaigrette.
4. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
5. Cut the tortillas into 4 1/2-inch rounds. Generously coat each one with the goat cheese mixture.
6. Slice the cooked potatoes crosswise into thin slices. Arrange them overlapping slightly, around the edges of the tortillas. Sprinkle with the chives, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Set the pan with the bacon fat over low heat. Stir in the mustard oil and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until the vinaigrette is well blended and warm. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
8. Divide the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil between 2 large skillets and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, lay 3 tortilla tarts, potato side down, in each pan. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp. Carefully turn and cook for 1 additional minute longer, or until the tortillas are crisp. Remove from the skillets and drain on paper towels.
9. In a large bowl, combine the frisee and spinach with the cooked bacon. Pour the warm vinaigrette over the top, and toss to coat. Arrange the salad on 6 plates. Lay the warm tarts on top and spoon some Goat Cheese Fondue, olivada, and diced tomatoes on top of the tarts. Drizzle with Basil Oil. Serve immediately.
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 666
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.3%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g95.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg15.4%
Sodium 978.6 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 101.3%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet