Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps With Fresh Herbs
|Cremini mushrooms||1 3⁄4 Pound (30 Pieces, About 2 Inches In Diameter)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Firm white bread slice||3 , made into crumbs|
|Chopped fresh parsley||3 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||3 Teaspoon|
|Fresh goat cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled (1 Log)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash the mushrooms in a large bowl of water, lift them out, and drain them in a colander 15-20 minutes, tossing once or twice until dry.Trim oft the bottom of the stems; carefully remove the stems and set aside.
2. Combine the wine, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and are grinding of the pepper in a large bowl. Add the mushroom caps and toss until evenly coated. Spray a nonstick jelly-roll pan or baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange the mushroom caps on the pan, stem-side up. Lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until the caps are full of liquid, 8-10 minutes. Transfer the mushroom caps to a colander set over a bowl; drain and reserve the juices.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and place over medium heat. Add the mushroom stems and the shallots; cook until the stems begin to release their juices, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, another grinding of the pepper, and the reserved mushroom juice. Cook until the mixture is almost dry, 6-7 minutes.Transfer the mixture to a bowl, loosely cover, and let cool to room temperature.
4. Coarsely chop the mushroom stem mixture in a food processor. Add half of the bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, 2 teaspoons of the cilantro, and the goat cheese. Pulse until the mixture is blended and the mushroom stems are finely chopped. Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
5. Combine the remaining bread crumbs with the remaining 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon cilantro in a small bowl. Stuff each mushroom cap with 1/2 tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture. Arrange the mushroom caps on a nonstick jelly-roll pan or baking sheet, sprinkle with the herbed bread crumbs, and bake until golden brown and heated through, about 10 minutes.