Low-Fat Mock Cream Cheese
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Tub Type)|
1. Rinse cottage cheese with cold water.
2. Drain well, pressing with fork to squeeze all water out.
3. Mix drained cottage cheese and margarine in blender, using spatula to scrape sides of container.
4. Refrigerate in a covered container. Consistency will be slightly softer than regular cream cheese.
5. Use in any recipe that calls for cream cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 581 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg7.5%
Sodium 760.9 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 27 g53.7%
Vitamin A 42.2% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet