Spinach, Green Pea & Ricotta Gnocchi
|Fresh spinach leaves/6 1/2 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained||7 Ounce, drained (220 Gram)|
|Frozen green peas/Shelled fresh peas||7 Ounce (220 Gram)|
|Ricotta cheese||220 Gram, drained|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Dried breadcrumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parmesan cheese||3 Ounce, grated (90 Gram)|
1. Steam or microwave spinach until tender. Drain and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
2. Boil, steam or microwave peas until tender. Dram and combine with spinach. Chop mixture finely.
3. Place spinach mixture and ricotta in a saucepan. Season to taste with black pepper and nutmeg. Add 15 g 1 1/2 oz butter and cook over a very low heat, stirring frequently until butter melts and all excess liquid evaporates. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, then add the breadcrumbs, flour and half the Parmesan cheese. The mixture should be firm enough to hold its shape, but soft enough to create a light-textured gnocchi.
4. Using well-floured hands, take heaped spoons of mixture and roll lightly into small oval balls. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then reduce heat. Drop gnocchi in a few at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Remove from pan and drain. Cover and keep warm.
5. Melt remaining butter in a saucepan and cook until lightly browned. Pour butter over gnocchi, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.