Jellied Cottage Cheese Salad
|Mashed cottage cheese||250 Gram (2 cups)|
|Thick cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lettuce||1 , shredded|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1 Small, sliced|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated lemon rind/Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange jelly/Lemon jelly||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Pineapple slices||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 small can)|
|French dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Mix cottage cheese, parsley, mayonnaise and all seasoning in a bowl.
2. Dissolve jelly in 2 cups of hot water, cool a little and stir with the cheese mixture. Add the grated lemon or orange rind.
3. Whip cream and fold into the jelly mixture
4. Pour the mixture in a tray of 9" x 4" x 1" and chill overnight. This should not be frozen.
5. Place shredded lettuce in a salad tray place cucumber slices around the edge.
6. Cut the chilled mixture into 2" x 2" pieces and arrange on bed of lettuce and cucumber carefully.
7. Drain the pineapple slices and chop them finely and sprinkle over the cut jellied salad.
8. Serve dressing separately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1620 Calories from Fat 1181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.5%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.8 mg70.3%
Sodium 4537 mg189%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 60.2 g
Protein 38 g75.6%
Vitamin A 596.4% Vitamin C 233%
Calcium 48.4% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet