Leek and Goat Cheese Tart
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||3 , white part only, washed and chopped|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft goat cheese||3 Ounce, in chunks|
|Light cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|9 inch pie crust||1 (23 Centimeter)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, sweat the leeks for about 10 minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add curry powder and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from heat and stir in goat cheese until it melts. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, yolk, creams, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in the leek mixture, mixing thoroughly.
6. Pour into the pie crust and bake for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F (160°C) and bake another 25 minutes, until just firm.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3146 Calories from Fat 2026
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 229 g351.7%
Saturated Fat 123.2 g616.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1310 mg436.7%
Sodium 2762.8 mg115.1%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.5%
Sugars 35.4 g
Protein 66 g132.8%
Vitamin A 313.9% Vitamin C 112.8%
Calcium 104.2% Iron 108.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet