Leek And Goat Cheese Tart
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||3 , white part only, washed and chopped|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft goat cheese||3 Ounce, in chunks|
|Light cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|9 inch pie crust||1 (23 Centimeter)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, sweat the leeks for about 10 minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add curry powder and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from heat and stir in goat cheese until it melts. Set aside.
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, yolk, creams, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in the leek mixture, mixing thoroughly.
6. Pour into the pie crust and bake for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F (160°C) and bake another 25 minutes, until just firm.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 15 to 20 minutes before serving.