Pineapple Cheese Torte
|Corn flakes/1 cup corn flake crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||11 Ounce, softened (1 8-oz. package and 1 3-oz. package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||13 Ounce (1 can, 1 3/4 cups)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. If using Com Flakes, crush into fine crumbs.
2. Combine Corn Flake Crumbs, butter and sugar in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan. Press evenly and firmly in bottom of pan.
3. Beat cream cheese; add sugar and salt gradually and combine thoroughly. Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour mixture over Corn Flake Crumb crust.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375° F.) about 35 minutes or until center is set.
5. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine small amount of the juice with cornstarch in saucepan; stir in remaining pineapple juice and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Add pineapple and spread over cooled Pineapple Cheese Torte.