Green Potatoes With Blue Cheese Sauce
|Soft tofu||4 Ounce, drained, rinsed (115 Gram)|
|Low fat buttermilk||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|White wine vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Crumbled blue veined cheese||70 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Lightly packed spinach leaves||4 Ounce, rinsed, crisped (3To 4 Cups, 85 To 115 Gram)|
|Small red thin skinned potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound, scrubbed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (565 Gram)|
|Red bell pepper||6 Ounce, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 Medium Sized, 170 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into thin slivers|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Cayenne)|
|Lightly packed cilantro leaves||30 Gram (1/2 To 3/4 Cup)|
|Thinly sliced green onion||1 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare blue cheese sauce, in a blender or food processor, combine tofu, buttermilk, vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic. Whirl until smoothly pureed. Gently mix in cheese and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set aside. (At this point you may cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.)
2. Cut 1 to 1 1/2 cups (30 to 43 g) of the spinach into thin shreds about 2 inches (5 cm) long. Cover and set aside. Line a rimmed platter with remaining spinach leaves; cover and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a wide nonstick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, bell pepper, onion, cumin, coriander, 1/4 teaspoon salt, ground red pepper, and 1/4 cup (60 ml) water. Stir-fry gently until potatoes are tinged with brown and tender when pierced (about 15 minutes; do not scorch). Add water, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, if pan appears dry.
4. Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle potato mixture with shredded spinach; mix gently but thoroughly. Then spoon potato mixture over spinach leaves on platter. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves; garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
5. Just before serving, stir onion into blue cheese sauce. Offer blue cheese sauce to add to taste.