Multi &Toreyed Pancakes
|Maida||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Plain Flour)|
|2% milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Mitha Soda)|
|Paneer||200 Gram, mashed roughly (Cottage Cheese)|
|Boiled potato||1 Large, boiled and mashed coarsely|
|Onions||3 , chopped very finely|
|Green chillies||2 , chopped finely chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Haldi)|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Sift maida, salt, soda and pepper.
2. Add milk. Beat well with an egg-beater. Add enough milk to get a pouring consistency.
3. Heat a non-stick pan (not too hot). Smear 1 tsp oil on it in the centre.
4. Remove from fire and pour 1/3 cup (1 big karchi) batter. Tilt the pan to spread the batter. Return to fire.
5. Turn the pancake when the under side is cooked. When the other side is cooked, remove from pan and keep aside.
6. Make 6-7 such pancakes.
8. Cook onions in oil till transparent.
9. Add haldi and red chillies.
10. Add the potatoes. Cook on slow fire for 1/2 minute.
11. Add paneer and green chillies.
12. Add salt, pepper to taste.
13. Remove from fire. Keep this filling aside.
14. Place a pancake on a greased stainless steel plate.
15. Spread some filling over it.
16. Cover with another pancake. Press well.
17. Repeat in the same way, ending with a pancake. Press well.
18. Cut the stacked pancakes with any round stainless steel box with a sharp edge of about 7-8" diameter, to give the pancakes a neat look.
19. Heat in a preheated oven for only 5-10 minutes before serving. If it is in the oven for a longer period , it tends to get dry. During the waiting period, it should be covered with the steel box to prevent it from becoming extra crisp in the oven.
20. Some processed cheese may be grated on the pancakes before heating them in the oven.