Tomato Aspic —Cream Cheese Salad Ring
|For tomato aspic ring|
|Tomato juice/Null||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped celery leaves/Null||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped onion/Null||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar/Null||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt/Null||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin/Null||2 Ounce (2 Envelope)|
|Cider vinegar/Null||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For cream cheese ring|
|Unflavored gelatin/Null||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cream cheese/Null||9 Ounce|
|Thick sour cream/Null||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Null||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar/Null||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil/Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Two identical 1 qt. ring molds with be needed.
2. For Salad Ring Prepare and chill until firm Tomato Aspic Ring and Cream Cheese Ring.
3. When ready for serving, unmold the Tomato Aspic Ring onto a chilled plate large enough for the aspic to be expanded to twice its size. Cut aspic into 1-in. slices and spread slices about 1-in. apart.
4. Unmold Cream Cheese Ring onto a second chilled plate. Cut into 1-in. slices. Transfer slices to the alternating spaces between the tomato aspic slices. Arrange so that a perfect ring is formed again.
5. Place on plate in the center of salad ring a small bowl of salad dressing.
6. For Tomato Aspic Ring Pour tomato juice into a saucepan.
7. Add to tomato juice celery leaves, onion, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and bay leaf.
8. Simmer uncovered, 10 min.
9. Meanwhile, pour 1/2 cup cold water into a small bowl.
10. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin evenly over cold water.
11. Set aside.
12. Lightly oil one ring mold with salad or cooking oil (not olive oil). Set it aside to drain.
13. Remove tomato juice mixture from heat. Strain liquid into a large bowl. Immediately add the softened gelatin to tomato juice mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add cider vinegar and stir well.
14. Pour mixture into the prepared mold. Cool and place in refrigerator to chill until frim.
15. For Cream Cheese Ring Lightly oil the second mold with salad or cooking oil (not olive oil). Set it aside to drain.
16. Pour 1/2 cup cold water into a small saucepan.
17. Sprinkle 1 env. unfalvored gelatin evenly over cold water.
18. Set the saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
19. Beat cream cheese until very soft.
20. Mix in sour cream, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in order (adding cream gradually and stirring until smooth after each addition.)
21. Blend dissolved gelatin into cream cheese mixture. Turn mixture into the prepared mold. Place in refrigerator to chill until firm.