|Dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (100 To 110 Degree F)|
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Reserve 1 tablespoon egg mixture; set aside.
2. Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine yeast mixture, flour, remaining egg mixture, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir until a soft dough forms.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
4. Punch dough down; divide in half. Shape each half into a 12-inch rope. Place ropes lengthwise on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (do not stretch); pinch ends together at one end to seal. Twist ropes, and pinch end to seal; tuck both ends slightly under. Cover dough, and let rise 35 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Brush reserved 1 tablespoon egg mixture over dough. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1934 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.8%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.4 mg87.1%
Sodium 3547.8 mg147.8%
Total Carbohydrates 298 g99.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.7 g90.7%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 88 g176.1%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 75.6% Iron 155.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet