Three Cheese Mini Macs
|Elbow macaroni||1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
|Grated parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|American cheese||4 Ounce, deli sliced and chopped|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Smoked spanish paprika||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and boil until al dente. about 5 minutes. Drain, shaking off the excess water.
2. Brush four 12-cup nonstick mini muffin tins with butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; tap out the excess.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour over moderate heat; continue whisking for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking, until the mixture comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add the cheddar and American cheeses and whisk until they are smoothly melted. Take the saucepan off the heat and whisk in the egg yolk and smoked paprika. Fold in the cooked and drained macaroni.
4. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of the macaroni and cheese mixture into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano evenly over the tops.
5. Bake in the upper and middle thirds of the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let cool for 5 minutes. Using a small spoon, carefully loosen the mini macs, transfer to a large serving platter and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2370 Calories from Fat 1051
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.8%
Saturated Fat 73.8 g369%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 533.1 mg177.7%
Sodium 1189.3 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g67.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 115 g230.7%
Vitamin A 63.7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 173.7% Iron 39.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet