Raw Cream Cheese
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), raw|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mesophilic starter||1 Teaspoon (1/8th of thepacket)|
|Animal rennet||2 Drop|
|Garlic clove||1 , crush|
|Jamaican jerk seasoning||1 Dash|
1. Clean your utensils to be used thoroughly with soap water and hot water.
2. In the measuring jug, add the whole raw milk, heavy cream, masophilic starter and animal rennet and whisk well together to come the ingredients.
3. Pour the mix into a glass bowl and put the lid on it.
4. Place in a warm place overnight or for 8-10 hours. Leave the bowl in the oven with the oven light on, if you are at a cold place.
5. Pour the mix through a cheese cloth and colander. Leave the mix to drain for a few hours.
6. Once done, place the residue in the cheese cloth into a glass bowl.
7. Add salt, crushed garlic and Jamaican jerk seasoning and stir well to combine.
8. You can store the flavored cheese for up to 4 days with the lid on the bowl.
9. Serve as a dip with carrots, cucumbers or anything of your choice.
TIPS: You can use any seasonings of your choice.
bowl with a lid
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 969 Calories from Fat 847
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148%
Saturated Fat 59.5 g297.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351.4 mg117.1%
Sodium 572.9 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.29%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 75.2% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet