Stuffed Baked Brie
|Pesto||7 Ounce, fat drained (1 Carton)|
|Brie wheel||2 1⁄5 Pound, chilled and cut horizontally in half (1 In Number)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 2 to 3 tablespoons water|
|Pastry dough||17 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package, 1 Pound And 1 1/4 Ounce)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
3) Take off the top layer and set aside.
4) Smear pesto on the top side of the bottom layer and place on a serving plate.
5) Place other layer of Brie on top of pesto, cut side down.
6) Unroll the thawed dough along with dough paper.
7) Arrange the Brie wheel on top of the pastry sheet.
8) Brush corners and edges of dough with egg wash.
9) Gently fold up the edges of the dough.
10) Apply egg wash on the top of Brie wheel.
11) Cover with second sheet of pastry dough.
12) Cut the edges of this second sheet to make it more circular.
13) Smear the underside of dough edges with egg wash and press down so they overlap the bottom edges.
14) Top pastry with egg wash and bake in the oven for 25 minutes
15) Allow to stand for 25 to 30 minutes before serving.
16) Cut the Brie Wheel using decorative cookie cutter and serve with small mixed salad.
Using a cookie cutter to cut festive shapes from the extra pastry trimmings.
Using egg wash to attach pieces before baking
Calories 1626 Calories from Fat 1105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.5%
Saturated Fat 60 g299.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 302.4 mg100.8%
Sodium 2511.9 mg104.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 57 g113.9%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 47.8% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet