Grilled cheese fans will love this grilled cheese sandwich from celebrated chef Terrance Brennan. Use gourmet cheeses and bread and Terrance's special extras to to make the best gourmet grilled cheese sandwich you've ever tasted.
Smoked bacon slices
8 (Double Smoked If Possible)
Grated cheddar cheese
6 Ounce (You May Use The Farmstead Artisanal Cheddar Cheese From England But You Can Use Another Cheddar, High Quality)
Granny smith apple
1⁄4 , peeled and sliced
4 (Country Bread, You May Use A Boule: An Artisanal Bread Is Best)
Artisanal breads and cheese are made by artisans, specialists who produce their goods on a small scale.
1. Add the grated cheese to both sides of the bread. This way when you bite into it you have cheese on top and bottom.
2. Then add the bacon, close to each other but not overlapping.
3. Peel an apple, taking the core out. Slice about 1/16 of an inch, you don’t want it too thick or the sandwich will come apart. Add the slices of apple on top of the bacon. It’s optional to add the apple, if you just want cheddar and bacon, or just the cheese, it would be absolutely delicious.
4. Press down to make it compressed. Trim the edge of the bread. Butter one side of the bread with a tablespoon of butter.
5. Then put another tablespoon butter in the pan. Non-buttered side down first, since there’s already melted butter in the pan. Cook on low medium heat and with a spatula press it down a bit, until it’s golden brown, flip it over, pat it down.
6. Then pop it into a 350 degree oven for just a couple or three minutes the bottom half starts to get crispy while the inside gets hot and the cheese melts. Cut it on an angle for a different look.
Place it on a plate, add a little salad with it to make it a complete lunch. But don’t stop watching until you hear the crunch of the sandwich.
Everyone who is fond of sandwiches, should definitely check out this video. Chef Terrance shows us how to make the perfect gourmet grilled cheese sandwich. This tasty snack is prepared in a few minutes as seen in the video. A very filling snack. The video is to the point and very clear.