Pecan Cheese Squares
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vanilla wafers||1 Cup (16 tbs), finley crushed|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (2 Package)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In small bowl, place pecans. Cook at high (100% power) 3 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes and 30 seconds thereafter, until pecans are lightly toasted; set aside.
2. In 8" by 8" baking dish, place butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover with waxed paper. Cook at high 1 1/2 minutes or until butter or margarine melts. Stir in vanilla-wafer crumbs, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and toasted pecans until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom.
3. Place baking dish on inverted saucer in microwave oven. Cook, uncovered, at medium (50% power) 6 minutes, rotating dish a quarter turn every 2 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/8 tea spoon salt until smooth. Then beat in eggs until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low; beat in vanilla extract.
5. Spoon cream-cheese mixture into 2-quart bowl. Cook, uncovered, at medium 8 to 10 minutes, stirring mixture briskly every 2 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly. Spoon mixture onto cooled crust; refrigerate 3 hours or until mixture is set.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3543 Calories from Fat 2534
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 286 g439.6%
Saturated Fat 144.9 g724.7%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 1030.3 mg343.4%
Sodium 1716 mg71.5%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.2%
Sugars 65.3 g
Protein 44 g88.7%
Vitamin A 148.4% Vitamin C 108.2%
Calcium 69.1% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet