Leek Wrapped Shrimp With Cheese
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound|
|Fontina cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Cut off roots and trim leaf ends of leeks. Cut each leek lengthwise in half; separate into leaves. Rinse leeks well with running cold water to remove all sand.
2. In 12-inch skillet over high heat, heat 1 inch water to boiling; add leeks; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until leeks are tender; drain. Arrange leeks on waxed paper.
3. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tail parts of shell on. Cut each shrimp three-fourths of the way through, along center back; spread each shrimp open. Rinse shrimp with running cold water to remove vein. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
4. Spoon some cheese along center back of each shrimp. Bring cut edges of each shrimp up toward cheese; firmly press shrimp to cheese. Wrap each shrimp except tail with 2 or 3 strips of leek to cover completely; fasten with toothpicks (use any leftover leek in soup or salad another day).
5. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat butter or margarine and remaining ingredients until butter melts. Arrange leek-wrapped shrimp in broiling pan; pour butter mixture over shrimp, turning shrimp to coat evenly. Broil shrimp 5 to 8 minutes until shrimp are tender, basting shrimp with butter mixture occasionally.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2084 Calories from Fat 1051
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.8%
Saturated Fat 70.5 g352.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997.1 mg332.4%
Sodium 2943 mg122.6%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g46.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.5%
Sugars 47.9 g
Protein 121 g242.7%
Vitamin A 374.3% Vitamin C 213.9%
Calcium 108.3% Iron 161.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet