Nectarine Cheese Dessert
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, softened (3/4 Stick)|
|Grated orange peel||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Lemon flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Into medium-sized bowl, measure flour, butter or margarine, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, and 1 egg yolk. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut mixture into pieces the size of peas. With hands, shape mixture into ball; evenly press onto bottom of 10" by 2 1/2" springform pan. Bake crust 8 minutes or until light golden; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
2. In small saucepan, combine unflavored gelatin, salt, and 1/3 cup sugar. In cup, mix second egg yolk with milk; stir into gelatin mixture; let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin slightly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon well. Remove saucepan from heat; set aside.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese with remaining 2 tablespoons grated orange peel until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in gelatin mixture until well blended.
4. With rubber spatula, gently fold cheese mixture into egg whites. Carefully pour mixture over crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
5. In small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup water to boiling; stir in lemon-flavor gelatin until completely dissolved. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water; cool until lukewarm.
6. Thinly slice nectarines. Arrange slices on cheese mixture. Carefully pour gelatin over nectarines. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.