Veal Scaloppine With Cheese
|Veal||2 Pound, cut in thin|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Swiss cheese/Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
1. Pound the veal lightly until very thin.
2. Heat six tablespoons of the butter in a skillet, add the veal and cook until brown on both sides. Add the sherry and cook a few seconds longer. Remove from the heat.
3. To make the sauce, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the water and milk to a boil and dissolve the bouillon cube in the mixture. Add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Season with the nutmeg and pepper.
4. Arrange the veal in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Scrape loose the brown particles from the skillet and pour the drippings over the meat. Top with the sauce and arrange the cheese over all.
5. If desired, refrigerate several hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3328 Calories from Fat 2138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g371.9%
Saturated Fat 135.7 g678.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1182.1 mg394%
Sodium 3234.3 mg134.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g2.9%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 237 g473.1%
Vitamin A 96.3% Vitamin C 0.37%
Calcium 212% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet