Scallop Summer Squash With Cheese
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Summer squash||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat the butter, add the onion, garlic and green pepper and saute until tender and lightly browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, while preparing the squash.
2. Peel the squash if the skin is not tender, and cut into slices or cubes. Add one-half cup boiling water, cover tightly and cook until the squash is just tender. Drain well.
3. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
4. Turn half the squash into a deep pie pan or casserole. Cover with half the tomato sauce and half the cheese. Repeat the layers.
5. Bake until the cheese topping is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1150 Calories from Fat 656
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.1%
Saturated Fat 45.3 g226.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.5 mg68.8%
Sodium 2930.5 mg122.1%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 38.5 g
Protein 64 g128.1%
Vitamin A 153.9% Vitamin C 517.4%
Calcium 160.2% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet