Vegan Summer Ceviche
|Extra firm tofu||12 Ounce, cubed|
|Vegan worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Citrus juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (lime, lemon and orange juice)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Hearts of palm||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cubed|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice (combination of oyster, lobster, shitake or portabella)|
|Radishes||5 Small, thinly sliced|
|Bell peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop (orange, yellow or red)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Hot pepper||4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, chop|
|Cilantro||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chop|
|Sal y pimienta/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with olive oil.
3. In a container combine tofu with vegan Worcestershire sauce, toss everything well.
4. Place the tofu in the baking sheet, spread it out and bake for 20 minutes, flipping at 10 minutes interval.
5. In a bowl combine red onion, cucumber, mushrooms, celery, bell peppers, radish, and heart of palms, green pepper, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, hot pepper, garlic and tofu.
6. Pour lemon juice mixture along with Saly Pimienta.
7. Toss everything up well, season with sea salt and ground pepper.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
9. Serve the Vegan Ceviche in a martini glass along with lime wedge, cilantro and slice of cucumber.
Olive oil spray
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 271.4 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.4%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 54.3% Vitamin C 53.6%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet