Shrimp Ceviche With Corn And Spinach
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|For the marinade|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Lime juice||1 Small|
|Mojo sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), rinsed|
|Celery ribs||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ears of corn||1 Large, roasted|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. For the marinade: In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil, add garlic and saute it for a few seconds until light brown.
2. Pour in the orange juice, jalapeno, lemon juice, lime juice and mojo sauce. Mix well and bring it to a light boil.
3. In a bowl, add the shrimp, onion, red pepper, marinade and toss well. Set it aside to slow cook for 3 hours.
4. On a chopping board, place the roasted ears of corn and slice of the corn kernels. Transfer the kernels in a bowl and set it aside.
5. After 3 hours of slow cooking the shrimp, take a serving plate, arrange the tortillas and spinach leaves on either ends of the plate. Spoon about 3 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture onto the spinach leaves. Top the shrimp with celery and roasted corn kernels.
6. Serve this shrimp ceviche garnished with green onions.
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg114.9%
Sodium 726.5 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 53 g105.6%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 167.2%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet