Eva's Vegan Parkin
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Treacle||6 Ounce (170 gram)|
|Rolled oats||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Barbados sugar||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Ounce (15 gram, cake spice, ginger and nutmeg)|
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Grease a flat shallow tin.
3. In a heavy saucepan, take the treacle and warm it over a low flame.
4. Mix vegan margarine and wholemeal flour well.
5. Add barbados sugar, cake spice and oats.
6. Add the above mixture to the warmed treacle and again mix it well.
7. In a greased, flat shallow tin, press the dough.
8. Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
9. When cooked, cut into strips and keep it aside to cool.
10. Serve Evas Vegan Parkin with custard or dollops of cream.