Corn Flake And Coconut Cookies
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), flaked or grated|
|Corn flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and shortening. Cream well.
5. Add vanilla extract and egg and beat well.
6. Add sieved ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
8. Place spoonfuls, 1 ½ inch apart, on greased baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 96 no-€™s.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.