Make Your Own Toasted Cereal
|Almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped, blanched|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried apricots/Dried apples||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Dried apples/Dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
1. In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, mix together almonds, rolled oats and wheat germ.
2. Spread evenly.
3. Raise shelf.
4. Brown for 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Add raisins, apples or apricots and brown sugar.
7. Transfer to a box and store in refrigerator.
8. Serve with milk or cream.