Bulgur Wheat Kasha
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bulgur wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a flameproof casserole, saute the onion in butter over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until pale golden.
3) Add and stir-fry the bulgur wheat for 2-3 minutes until golden.
4) Add rest of the ingredients and bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the bulgur is tender and dry.
5) Gently fluff with a fork and serve immediately as a substitute for potato.