Wheat Cereal Breakfast Pudding
|Milk||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Quick cooking wheat cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 10-by-6-by-1 1/2-inch baking dish.
2. In medium saucepan, over low heat, bring milk and salt to boiling.
3. Slowly sprinkle in cereal, stirring. Cook,
stirring constantly, until thickened—about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup honey and the raisins.
5. In small bowl and using rotary beater, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks in another small bowl.
6. Stir egg yolks into cereal; then fold in egg whites.
7. Pour into baking dish; spread remaining honey over surface.
8. Bake 25 minutes. Serve hot, cut in squares.
Calories 748 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253.9 mg84.6%
Sodium 447.9 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 112.6 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 56.6% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet