Bhavna from superveggiedelight.com brings you Healthy Cereal Chevda recipe. Instead of high calorie Indian farsan chevda, cereal chevda is a good replacement for your breakfast.
350 Gram, crushed
50 Gram (Optional)
75 Gram (Optional)
Fresh curry leaves
Red chili powder
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (As required)
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. In a large tray or pan spread out the cornflakes, the rice crispies and cheerios (oatmeal cereal). Mix them together.
2. If desired raisins and potato fries can be added to the cereals at this point.
3. Preheat the oven to 170 F.
4. Take pan with a little oil, warm the oil and add raw almonds, fresh curry leaves, salt, garlic powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and sugar. Stir to mix all the ingredients well.
5. Lastly add the fennel seeds, stir and turn off the heat.
6. Pour the prepared mixture on top of the mixed cereal (chevda) and mix to combine well.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring it every 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Serve as a breakfast cereal or as a snack.
Fried chana dal or moong dal or sev can also be added if desired.
If you're looking for a change in your breakfast, then do check this out. This is an Indian type of breakfast. It is a mixture of various cereals and you can also add any fried dal to make it more crunchier. It is easy to make and very healthy too as it's made of yogurt. Watch the video for the delicious gujarati kadhi recipe.