|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (1 1/2 Stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oven toasted rice cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking soda and salt onto waxed paper.
2. Cream butter or margarine with sugars until fluffy in a large bowl; beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture until well blended, then rice cereal, rolled oats and pecans.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks; cool.