Eggplant Caviar Appetizer
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed/Chopped chives / chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Black olives||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. In a shallow baking pan add some oil to grease.
3. Place the whole eggplant and bake for 20 minutes at 400°, till it turns soft.
4. Peel the eggplant and chop its pulp very coarsely.
5. In a pan add olive oil. Saute green pepper and onion with butter, till the vegetables are cooked but not browned.
6. Combine tomato, lemon juice, pepper, salt, Worcestershire, catsup, chopped eggplant and tomato.
7. Cook the ingredients over high heat. Stir continuously till the juice from eggplant evaporates.
8. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
9. Transfer the cooked and cooled eggplant to a serving dish.
10. Sprinkle chopped parsley, chives and dill weed.
11. Garnish eggplant caviar appetizer with black olives. Serve chilled.