Caviar Eggs A La Russe
|Eggs||6 , hard-cooked and peeled|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Dill||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh salmon caviar||6 Teaspoon, well drained|
|Dill sprigs||12 Small|
1) Chop the eggs lengthwise in half.
2) Remove the yolks to a bowl and reserve the whites.
3) With a fork, mash the yolks smooth.
4) Combine the sour cream, onion, and chopped dill to the yolks.
5) Mix together until blended well.
6) Mound the yolk mixture in the egg whites.
7) Top each egg white with 1/4 teaspoon caviar, covering the yolk completely.
8) Garnish each with a sprig of dill and serve on a platter, lined with an attractive lace paper doily.