|Whole grain breadcrumbs||3 Tablespoon (Whole Meal)|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Pesto sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dill sprigs||3 (Fresh - For Garnish)|
1. Trim off the leaves and base stalk from the cauliflower (reserve and use for soup). Divide the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and mash to a puree.
2. Put the puree into a pan and stir over a gentle heat for 1-2 minutes; this will allow some of the excess moisture to evaporate.
3. Mix the puree with the breadcrumbs, yogurt, dill, egg yolks, half the Parmesan cheese, Pesto sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold lightly but thoroughly into the cauliflower mixture.
5. Spoon into 4 greased ramekin dishes then sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
6. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
7. Serve piping hot, garnished with fresh dill.
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg37.8%
Sodium 319.4 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 118.7%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet