Microwaved Gobi Manchurian (Low Fat)
|Cauliflowers||1 , washed and cut into florets (for the fritters)|
|All pupose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the fritters)|
|Besan||1 Tablespoon (chick pea flour (for the fritters))|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the fritters)|
|Food color||4 Drop (red (for the fritters))|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the sauce)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), crushed and chopped (for the sauce)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated (for the sauce)|
|Green chilies||1 (To taste (for the sauce))|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Large, cut lengthwise (for the sauce)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste (for the sauce))|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste (for the sauce))|
|Jalapeno sauce||3 Dash (to taste (for the sauce)) (Optional)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required (for the sauce))|
1.Start by washing your cauliflower and cutting them into bite size florets.
2.Add 1/2 a cup of water to it and microwave until they are par-cooked. This may take anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
3.In a bowl combine 1/2 a cup of all-purpose flour and 1 tbs of chickpea flour.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Mix everything well and make a thick paste using a little water.
5.Add few drops of red food color if desired and keep aside.
6.Layer a microwave safe dish with parchment paper and spray a little oil.
7.Dip the florets one by one into the paste and arrange on the dish, spray some oil on the top too.
8. Microwave until cooked, flip halfway, this may take 8 to 10 minutes according to your microwave setting.
9. For the sauce: In a pan heat 1/2 tsp of pure sesame oil.
10. Add chopped fresh garlic, freshly grated ginger, green chilies according to taste and green bell peppers.
11. Sauté well and add 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
12. Add 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup and mix everything well.
13. Give some good shakes of jalapeno sauce if desired, for an "extra spicy Manchurian”.
13. Add 1/2 cup water and the paste of all-purpose flour to thicken the sauce.
14. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
15. Finally add the florets in and coat well with the sauce .
16. Serve warm with your favorite rice or just enjoy as is .
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2377.4 mg99.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 175.3%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet