Curried Cauliflower and Peas Pie
|Readymade raw croissant rolls/Homemade pizza dough||1 Medium, perforated along triangle edges|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (for the stuffing and pie as well)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Cauliflower||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (for the stuffing)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and mashed (for the stuffing)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Lime||1⁄2 Medium, juice (for the stuffing for the stuffing)|
|Ginger and garlic mixture||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste for the stuffing)|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste for the stuffing)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon, crushed (use as per taste for the stuffing)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste for the stuffing)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste for the stuffing)|
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
2. In a nonstick pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, cauliflower, peas, onion, ginger and garlic mixture, turmeric powder, garam masala, crushed red pepper flakes, crushed black pepper and salt and cook until nice and soft for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix in mashed potato if desired, lime juice and then cheese and keep aside.
4. Open the croissant roll onto a plate and tear along the perforations.
5. Grease a glass pie dish with oil and place the roll pieces to form a circle leaving empty space in the middle.
6. Spread the cauliflower mixture along the lined roll and fold over the filling.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 11 to 13 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
8. On a pie or dessert plate, place a slice of the pie and serve.
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.9 mg16%
Sodium 2113.3 mg88.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 91.9%
Calcium 35.7% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet